Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Review: May 2011 Luxe Box by Loose Button

Finally, something for us Canadians!
Today I will be sharing what product samples came in this month's Luxe Box. For those of you who are unaware, Luxe Box was created by a company called Loose Button. It's basically a monthly subscription service that delivers 3-5 deluxe size samples to your door for only $9.95+tax/month. I'm sure you have all heard of BirchBox which is essentially the same thing except they don't cater to Canadian residents so it's awesome that Loose Button came up with this.

Last month I was sent a personal invite to receive a LuxeBox and gladly accepted! (They are currently still in the invite-only phase so you will have to add your email to the waiting list.) I think it's a great way to try new products without breaking the bank. You'll never know what you're going to get so it's always a nice surprise! And since I like surprises, I was so ecstatic when I opened the box.

Here's the box. Simple but elegant. Me likes!

Comes with a card, wrapping tissue, and chocolate but I ate it ;D

Here's what I got:
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant 13g (Full Size Retail: $50)
China Glaze Mini Nail Polish 9.6mL (Full Size Retail: $7)
Consonant Body Organic Olive Oil Body Soap Full Size 112g (Retail: $12)
Elizabeth Grant Biocollasis Complex Day Serum 10mL (Full Size Retail: $65)

I've been using the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant and I love it! It's in powder form so in order to use it, you have to wet your hands and foam it up. The texture is somewhat gritty, almost like a liquid loofa if that makes any sense, and it exfoliates very well. I also received a China Glaze Nail Polish called Pink Underground which is a barbie pink with magenta shimmers. It reminds me of OPI's Japanese Rose Garden but a shade lighter. I can't wait to wear this! The Consonant Body Soap was the thing that gave off a lavender scent when I opened the box! It comes with a mini loofa scrub and a full size bar. The soap itself is handmade in Toronto and only consists of Organic Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Aqua, Organic Beeswax, and glycerin so I have no clue why it smells like lavender... lol

The only thing I have yet to try is the Elizabeth Grant Serum but so far, I'm really pleased with the samples. They come in a very decent size but one thing I'd like to see in the future is for the quantity of the products to be consistent. Instead of 3-5 products a month, they should just make it 5. It will make the customers more happy and will keep people subscribing. You can apply here but there is a waiting list. Luxe Box also caters to American and International residents. ;)

Peace out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment