Friday, May 20, 2011

Butter London Rosie Lee!

I have to admit, when I saw these for the first time at Ulta, I wasn't impressed. I thought to myself, "Fourteen dollars for a bottle of nail polish, for a brand I have never heard of before?? And look at the bottle!! Square and awkward! That cant be easy to hold while painting your nails!" So I passed on by the Butter Londons and vowed never to buy any. Well then the ladies on my Facebook group were raving about them and posting photos of the ones they bought. They also informed me that the awkward square lid actually lifts off to reveal a much easier lid to work with! I also learned that Ulta was offering a free bottle of Butter London nail polish remover with each purchase. So, I figured I have these $5 off coupons, why not buy myself a bottle and try it out! The cost of one bottle would go from $14 to $9 with the coupon, PLUS I am getting a free bottle of remover! Good deal!!

Just some history on the Butter London brand since its relatively new to most of us. Click HERE to check out their website. Apparently this is a US company not British, go figure. They are famous for selling their nail polishes at airports, LOL who knew?! There is a list of places in the US that sell Butter London (besides Ulta) under "Locations" on their website. You can order Butter London from their website if you live in the US, UK and now Canada. Hopefully soon they will extend the international ordering availability to other countries. They are a 3 free company, which is to be expected these days, but hooray for them!

Rosie Lee as described by Butter London's website, "A parade of pale pink glitter that will lift your spirits AND your outfit. (Not Available UK)". The definition of Rosie Lee according to Butter London, "Cockney Rhyming slang for a cup of tea. Put the kettle on Love, I fancy a Rosie Lee." Application was great with this polish! I only needed 2 coats and it went on the nail pretty evenly. I added 1 coat of Gelous top coat. I really like this one and I am happy I bought it. Ok enough blabbing! Onto the pics!

Beautiful glitter, horrendous big square lid!

"Lift to open" LOL who knew!

Underneath is a much smaller lid! Much easier to hold too!

Reminds me of Edgar Allen Poe...

This is the remover that you get free. It is 2fl oz and smells like baby powder. Hence the "Powder Room" name. LOL

Artificial light...







With flash...


Pink glitter heaven!!


Natural light. These are more accurate of the actual color.




<3


What do you think?? Do you have any Butter Londons yet? If you are on the fence, but have an Ulta nearby, do what I did! Take a $5 coupon and make sure to get the free remover! Try a bottle out and see what you think! Hurry, the current $5 coupon is valid through 5/21/11! Click HERE to print the coupon!

AND don't forget to enter my current giveaway! Click HERE to enter!!


No comments:

Post a Comment